Thank you to everyone who submitted an application for National Womxn of Color Collective's 2022 Diversity Scholarship!! At this time we are no longer accepting applications. The winner will be announced July 6, 2022. Stay tuned!
NWOCC is pleased to announce our first scholarship! All proceeds from our Giving Tuesday campaign and any additional sponsorship we receive in the interim will be donated to a current or prospective womxn of color law student to spend on tuition, books, housing, school supplies, or transport. Law school is expensive and riddled with hidden costs, so we firmly believe that any amount helps.
Applicants may nominate themselves or another womxn of color law student! All submissions will be reviewed anonymously.
Applicants (or nominees, if applicable) for the NWOCC 2022 Diversity Scholarship must:
- Be a member of a historically underrepresented minority community, including but not restricted to African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian-American, and other non-European minority groups;
- Show proof of academic enrollment or acceptance at an ABA-accredited law school for the 2022-2023 academic year;
- Be over the age of eighteen (18);
- Submit the scholarship application and short essay (see topic below);
- Include a photo with the application (this will only be used to announce you as the winner if you win!); and
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions (see application).
To help alleviate the burden of law school expenses, the winner will receive an award of three hundred fifty dollars ($350). Note that NWOCC continues to accept donations, so this amount may increase!
In around 500 words or less, please answer the following:
What does it mean to be a womxn of color? Tell us about a time your journey to become an attorney was impacted by being a womxn of color. What will you do to prevent such treatment to others in the future?
Scholarship Application Instructions
NWOCC will only consider applications submitted using the form on this page. Applicants must fill out each required field and must attach their response to the essay prompt in a PDF format. All essays will be reviewed anonymously, so please do NOT include your name on your essay or in the file name.
If you are nominating someone else for the 2022 Diversity Scholarship, please fill out the nominee's information in the application unless stated otherwise.
Applicants must submit their application and all required materials by May 31, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.